I've officially become a lazy ass. I need an intervention.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE that it's summertime and I'm not teaching anymore, but I am bored out of my mind! You might have noticed my facebook activity at an all time high. Why? Nothing else to do. Today I was actually excited to get to pay my bills and drive to the post office and drop them off. My day usually consists of sleeping in way too late (going to start setting an alarm clock for a goal of 9 am), watching tv, playing on the computer, catching up on Netflix movies. (BTW, don't rent Did You Hear About the Morgans. Blah) Oh, and the highlight of my day is taking Scout on a walk and meeting up with friends at the field or dog park. I'm SO exciting!! Everybody I know has a real job and don't get summers off. lol I figure that I'll just be well rested by September 7th when school starts and I can look back on my lazy summer and wish I had more time to sleep! =) Guess I might as well take advantage while I can.
Since not all of you necessarily live in Texas, you have no idea about the heat. I woke up this morning at 9 (early for me--I know, I was proud!) and looked up the current weather. It was 84 degrees but with the heat index felt like 92. Gross!!! I've been taking 2 showers a day until I came to the conclusion that I should just wait and take one at night. Why you say? Because I'm out taking Scout on short walks during the day and am outside at night for a couple hours and am nasty, sweaty and smell like Off by the time I get home. Definitely not climbing into bed smelling like that. Ewwww.
So like many of you know because I've written on here, I'm not embarrased to talk about my emetophobia (fear of vomit). I almost feel like I'm bringing some sort of awareness to it. I talked with my doctor a month ago and she started me on Zoloft, which has taken an ease off of the OCD part (I'm not anxious and don't worry every second of every day and I'm sleeping now!) but I still have a problem with eating out in restaraunts and don't eat at fast food places. If I do, I try to stick with the "safe" foods (in my mind) . I'm hoping as time goes on, it helps this portion of my phobia. I'm SO ready to be over this, but seemings how I've had it for 22 years, it's tough. I go through up and down phases with this...I'm in a down right now. I miss eating sushi with my girls! =)
I am exactly one month away from going to NYC and finding a place to live! Woot!! I feel like I have so much to do before I move in a couple months (spend as much time with my friends, pack, paint my apartment, get rid of stuff I don't need, etc.) but that whole lazy ass part comes in and I don't do any of the things on my list. Ha!
Hope everybody is having a great month of June. Can you believe it's almost July!? 2010 has been a really amazing year for me so far!
Park City Utah
4 years ago


I agree it's hard to go from being very productive and busy during the school year and then feel "lazy" in the summers. It is nice though to have the time to do what you want when you want...I love taking advantage of the gym when no one is there :) I'm sure that Scout is loving his mama being there all the time, now!
ReplyDelete