Friday, April 16, 2010

Yes!!!

Well I've finally found a roommate!  I went searching out on craigslist and happened to come upon a post where it sounded like a real, normal person. Even though our times to move were a little off, I thought I'd email her and just see if by chance she'd be interested, and thank god she was! We've been emailing back and forth for a week or so now, became friends on facebook and we are 2 peas in a pod! The list of things in common are crazy! And a MAJOR bonus? She likes dogs, so Scout will have another person to love on him! YAY Linet!

So my friend Michael gave me a contact to a broker in NYC to help me find an apartment so I'm going up on July 26th to find a place for us. Linet can't come apartment hunt so I'll be emailing pictures a lot so she can be a part of the process. I've been on cloud nine since finding her and excited that things are finally falling into place. I keep thinking to myself: Is it August yet? Can it be August already!?

Let's see. I'm supposed to have surgery in a month or so that I'm not looking forward too, and don't really want to share details about it, but say a prayer on that day that everything goes well! Not looking forward to the pain of surgery, but there is a bonus. What is it? I'll be off work for 2 weeks straight, so I'm down to a total of 24 days until I am no longer a teacher. Be ready to see a post in the coming months about my feelings on teaching and kids. It's gonna be a long one. I'm super duper excited! 


This week my neighbor Amy and I took our dogs (Scout and her dog Corbin) to take some pictures in the bluebonnets near my house. I figured that since this is my last time to see bluebonnets for awhile, it would be a great picture to have with my Scouty poo. Here it is:


That's about it for now. Can't think of much else going on except that I am in the home stretch for my Physics class. 5 classes left. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can......

2 comments:

  1. The best thing to happen to me since getting into NYU has been finding you. We truly are two peas in a pod and I am making a countdown until August. I can't wait to meet Scout :)
    P.S. I am keeping you in my prayers... if you need me I am but an email away.
    <3 Linet

    ReplyDelete
  2. How excited - so excited to hear all about everything!!

    ReplyDelete