Friday, March 5, 2010

How did the interview go?

Well, yesterday was such a LONG day! I got up at 3:30 am (haven't seen that time since college I think) to catch my standby flight to LaGuardia and didn't get home until 10:30 last night. But, everything worked out great! Got there around 10 am, and was just going to catch a cab to midtown to have lunch with my friend Krystle. Well, my cheapness quickly set in when I thought about the cost of the cab ride, and what the cab ride would be back from Brooklyn to LaGuardia, so I decided to be adventurous (cheap really) and buy a 1 day MTA pass and ride the bus. So, I rode the bus from LGA to a subway station nearby, and then rode the subway to Penn Station and met up with Krystle at Chipotle for lunch. Yum!! (Although it's not as good as this place called Burrito Box--that is YUM!).


Got finished with lunch, and walked a 4 or 5 blocks over to the station that I needed to get out to SUNY in Brooklyn, but of course the train I was hoping for never came so I ended up taking it as far as I could and then took an $8 cab ride to the school. Once I got there, I was introduced to my interviewer who is the old department chair. Very sweet lady. We talked for awhile, then she had me answer some questions, all of which I thought went well! She kept saying "When you move here", "This will be your..", "That's very good", among other things so I think the interview went great, but not sure. I was only in there for like 30 minutes or so. She said that she was going to pass my application to the "application committee" for the entire school, and that it will be another 3 weeks or so. She said if I don't hear back in 3 weeks to call her. So, the waiting continues. But, I think it went pretty well so I'm happy about that. What do ya'll think?


So after the interview I went down to Financial Aid to figure out how to pay for all of this, and it's going to be rough, but I'm going to make it happen! =) I made it back late last night and immediately at a little bit and then went to bed. I was SO happy to lay down in bed. I can't seem to sleep on planes. Anybody else like that? 

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Leigh Ann! Sounds like everything is working out...fingers crossed but I don't think you'll need it! :) I have a blogspot, too. I'm not so good at updating though...it's http://thenallfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't sleep on planes either....even the 14 hour plane ride to Japan! mom

    ReplyDelete